Thursday, October 9, 2008

Deconstruction

I think it started when we all of the sudden started getting the DIY (do it yourself) network on satellite. Suddenly you start believing you can tackle any home improvement project, that it will only take 1 hour from start to finish, and it will look like it was done by a professional designer. So this past weekend I decided it was a good time to paint the family room and tear out some walls. No big deal right? Well, Benson is actually quite handy and things are going pretty smoothly. Here are the pictures of what it looked like before and after the demo. Hopefully it will all be finished this weekend and I'll post the finished project.


9 comments:

Ashlee said...

SOOOO cute! It doesn't look like demolition was that bad! It changes the look so much. I like that color of tan on your walls, what was it?

Nate and Jamie said...

Looks awesome! If you were on our DIY schedule, you have at least a year before being close to done! You do have super cute help!

TimandBecckaMarley said...

Yeah I found your blog!!!!!!! Your DIY looks awesome!!! See ya on the 22nd!!

marathon runner said...

ambitious! it always takes longer to do a project than you think it will...GOOD LUCK!

Cool Waters said...

Yep. You definetly belong in our family Anna. I can't tell you how many times mom or jamie have gotten me working on a project! We were painting someone's walls at least once a month!

J-Babe said...

I' am impressed! I don't Steve and I would feel comfortable enough to take down a wall! Good job!

Jennis said...

so I love the Bill Cosby post, I think we should all write him in and vote. I think a lot of those things would really work, as for cutting off peoples hands for stealing wouldn't all the politicians be handless? Good stuff nice work on the house pojects. It's hard to see the whole difference if you've never been to your house. I love a good house project, looks like Benson does good work. Take Care.

Cormorant said...

Wow! This looks great, Anna! It looks like you've done a lot to improve your house/yard/etc. The color is gorgeous and Riley is even more so!

Christina said...

Soooooo...where are the finsihed product pictures??? We're waiting.