Monday, September 29, 2008

I've Learned From You...

Okay...My AMAZING mom is at the half-way point in her battle against the big bad cancer, and the next 6 weeks is going to be alot harder than the first (which is almost impossible to imagine). Its more than a little discouraging for her to think about what's ahead and she's been praying for strength in whatever ways it may come. So my inspirational thought is a line I heard from a song the other day and it immediately made me think of her.
" I've learned from you that STRENGTH IS SOMETHING YOU CHOOSE."
Just think about it for a minute.
The strength to fight the emotional battle when the physical one is taking all you have, the strength to see things from an eternal perspective, the strength to keep smiling despite all the reasons to cry, the strength to believe that it is all for a reason. I am amazed and inspired by strength that my mom continually shows in the face of all the overwhelming trials. I am so blessed to have her as a mother and a friend and I am so grateful that, despite the total crapiness of the whole chemo thing, we will have many more years together because of it.
I love you, Mom.

7 comments:

jksfam said...

Anna,

Thanks for sharing that! What a sweet tribute to your mom! I hope that all goes well with the rest of her treatment!!!

mandy* said...

Anna,
I didn't know that your mom is battling cancer. Or should I say that you are all battling cancer together? Isn't that what it feels like? I know your mom is going through the brunt of it all, but it is seriously a battle for all of you. I bet you all add to her strength. There is nothing like cancer to pull a family together spiritually, emotionally, mentally, etc. We love you and your family and will keep you in our prayers.

Sam said...

Anna,
Your mom is an inspiration for us all...I know that she is the strongest and bravest woman out there and she is dang lucky to have you kids to help and support her through this battle. I love your mom to pieces. Our prayers are with you.

Sam

Anonymous said...

Anna, Your mom is AMAZEING! She shows great courage and it shows everyone else that just because bad things happen to great people, the Lord is always with you no matter what.

Cool Waters said...

I didn't know she had cancer either...tell her I love her and think she's hilarious! Benson got lucky in the mother-in-law department! Your family is great, you'll all pull through together.

Kristen said...

If anyone can handle all this, it is your mom! I have always thought of your mom as another mother. I think she is an awesome person and always very strong. I think of her often. Please tell her to hang in there and Anna, take every opportunity to just HANG with her! My thoughts and prayers are with you all! BTW I love your Blogs new look!

Jolene said...

Anna - what a sweet post. It gives me strength!! My kids are the most amazing people. We'll be done with this soon and on to more adventures.