Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Nail Polish Woes

Just this morning I was thinking about how grateful I was that the past months have been pretty "toddler disaster mess" free. I guess I jinxed myself, because not one hour later I was cleaning out my office and I got a whiff of nail polish. I ran to the living room to find Riley happily watching sesame street while painting himself all over with my nail polish. Benson's recliner is COVERED in it but he miraculously missed the carpet. I'm pretty sure his clothes are done for. This was him sitting in time out. I said in my stern discipline voice "you sit there in time out for 2 minutes!!...oh, and let me take your picture"

6 comments:

Nate and Jamie said...

He just wants to be pretty like his mommy! :) Too cute! When Livi was 2 she drew all over our ottoman with a pen and I did the same thing--You are in soooo much trouble but stand her by it so I can take a picture cause it's kind of funny! Good times--have to laugh at your kids!

mandy* said...

Isn't it hard to not laugh while you are disciplining?? Mark and I have to cover our laughs almost everyday.

Billy and Megan said...

I think you need to tag that picture for his wedding slideshow when he grows up.

Cool Waters said...

pink looks good...they can make a mess out of anything!

Hillary said...

oh dear! Luckily my two-year-old has not discovered nail polish yet, but he is into EVERYTHING he can get his hands on. It's amazing how fast they can make a disaster huh? Just remember, the quieter they are, the bigger the mess they are making somewhere! :)

Em said...

Hey you! Been thinking about you and was just catching up on your blog... I can't believe Riley is already 2! He really is an adorable little kid. Glad you guys are having fun. I saw the rodeo pic and thought, "good, she's raising him up right."

Anyway, love you! Have a good day!