Wednesday, June 18, 2008

FINALLY!!!!

Since we bought our house a few years ago, there has been an endless list of projects that we've worked on to make it our own...but one that has been bugging me for too long is our front yard. When we bought the house the entire yard was covered in concrete. Benson jackhammered it out over two years ago and this is what our house has looked like since...Yuck. Can you say curb "un"appeal!! So I've whined and prodded and finally got my way. We put in some landscaping, Benson is building a wood porch up to the front door, and today we laid down fresh sod. I think the before and after pics say it all. I'm SO happy with the way things are looking and I can finally stop apologizing to the neighbors for the eye-sore that its been for the past 2 years!

7 comments:

Nate and Jamie said...

Yea! It looks so nice! We know the feeling about never ending projects... we just lucked out and it is all inside :)

Anonymous said...

Your place looks amazeing! The grass adds so much!

Ashlee said...

WOW! That looks great! Benson has done a great job. I can't believe he can get that done with how much he has to work at signature! He's got to be getting worn out!!!! Congrats on the new look.

mandy* said...

Nice job!!! It looks great! I'll visit one day, I swear.

Missy said...

That is so nice!! Wow, what a difference a little green makes! You have inspired me, we just have dirt right now and I think it will be another year until we can get grass! You've got me excited now to get it done. Good job!

J-Babe said...

You can definately tell a difference. It will be so nice for Riley to have some grass to play on and he will probably stay a little cleaner:)

Jennis said...

Anna your lawn is beautiful. I know how fun it is to see those projects come to a close and enjoy the fruits of your labor. YEA!!!!! it's perdy. sod is the best stuff, ugly to pristine in an hour, talk about instant gratification!!