Saturday, June 7, 2008

First Words

Who knew it would be hard to pick out your babies first words? Its just that they make so many sounds that COULD be words, but they don't really seem to fit any particular pattern. Among all his nonsense sounds, we've had ma ma ma's and da da da's but not directed at either Benson or I, so its remained a mystery. But, I think we've finally come to a concensus on Riley's first offical word. Its DOG! When he is staying at Aunt Krischelle's he is fascinated by Ranger and Molly. He hears them scratching at the screen door and sure enough, he speed crawls to the door practically yelling "Daw! Daw! Daw!" Hannah keeps trying to convince me that I'm going to have to get one when he gets older but I'm not ready to be a pet owner yet. For now, the cousin's dogs will have to do.

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

That doesn't surprise me that his first word is dog. My kids have a fancination with the same dogs! Oh-and his new smiling faces are adorable!!!

mandy* said...

I totally know what you mean about knowing whether or not they are saying words or just babbling! We try to figure our Cohen's language every day.

Christina said...

Oh ya- that's definitely a word. How cute!! He's going to be a great talker too. I'm with you on owning pets... leave it to the others!

J-Babe said...

Hey I think that was one of Lucas's first words as well, how funny!